The Heacock Flock


Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Summer ends and soccer begins

Last year when I first started this blog I thought posting twice a month would be a piece of cake.  Little did I know that between homeschool, chicken farming, small scale farming, raising children and trying to improve my sewing skills that there would be little time left in my week to sit down and blog.  Blogging is kind of like scrapbooking to me.  When you are current and up-to-date it is to maintain. However, when you let a couple of months and major milestones like birthdays, vacations, parties sneak past you it is a little daunting to start again. 

That being said, most of these posts are a few months outdated.  Thankfully this is intended for my own family and close friends so hopefully everyone will be gracious.  Summer ended and I have to say that even though I love summer just as much as anyone else, I truly love fall.  It may be my favorite season.  This year we made the decision to let Jamon play AYSO soccer.  He played with his good friend Easton Roberson and Gabby Roper.  I have to admit it was humbling to become a "soccer mom."  But I loved it.  I loved cheering for him and taking him to practice to see the excitement in his eyes.  I think his coach Troy Thorsby was a little concerned during the first practice when coach asked the players to take their soccer ball and dribble down to the orange cone and come back.  Jamon proceeded to pick up his soccer ball and dribble it like a basketball....We had so much during the season and all the kids improved immensely and actually ended up scoring four goals in one game.  He is coachable, hard working and competitive, skills we hope will stick with him through adulthood.

During soccer season, AWANA started at Springfield Faith Center.  Josie was so excited because she was three and old enough to become a Cubby Bear.  It was very exciting for everyone.  Jamon being 5 is now a Sparks, he gets to wear a red vest and instead of earning patches he earns jewels for his pilot's wing.  The program is wonderful.  The kids love learning their versus and its so sweet to hear them have conversations about their book time, or the games, or even talk about the versus.  Jamon helps Josie memorize her versus and he is ever-impressive with his memorization ability.  He quizzes me on the new testament books, I often get a few mixed up and Jamon has to help me.  I was a little worried about Josie going to AWANA and staying up late once a week.  She is always so excited to go and actually crashes at bedtime.  She also has no problem with her weekly versus and it is so encouraging to me to see their love for learning God's word.








No comments:

Post a Comment