The Heacock Flock


Friday, September 30, 2011

Dear Tooth Fairy....

Jamon lost his first tooth.  It was actually his first tooth he got the day after he turned 6 months old, his bottom right tooth.  He was so excited!  He actually wrote a letter to the Tooth Fairy and put it by his pillow, and not for the life of me I cannot find it.  However, I memorized it.  It said:  "Dear Tooth Fairy, please leave my tooth.  I will take good care of it.  Thank you, Jamon."  What Tooth Fairy could deny that kind of plea?  So inside a basketball tooth pillow was a little baby tooth and $1.  Jamon actually still keeps his tooth in the tooth pillow.  And a few weeks later he lost his bottom left tooth!  And I put it on the kitchen counter so we wouldn't lose it.  Guess what?  We, or I, lost it.  I was wiping down the counters and it flew on the floor.  I must have swept it up.  I even searched the trash, but it is incredibly difficult to find a baby tooth in a full sack of garbage.  I felt terrible.  I told him that I would write a note to the Tooth Fairy explaining what happened and that he would still receive a prize.  I am loving this age.  It is a time of pure joy and innocence.  When I imagine childhood, I close my eyes and see Jamon and Josie at their ages right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment