The Heacock Flock


Thursday, March 10, 2011

Valentine's Day Round-Up

During the month of February we were very busy making and enjoying Valentine's Day crafts and treats. First of all, my friend Hollan introduced me to the wonderful trend of cake pops.  Cake pops are everywhere in the blog/craft world these days.  For a Valentine's couples party, I decided to bring heart- shaped cake pops. They were delicious and so easy to make!  Also, we made these cute treat bags and mailed them to aunts and uncles and delivered them to local grandparents.  The red hearts are just pins that I made out of felt scraps. Josie and I wore them on Valentine's Day and she loved it.  And lastly, the paper colored hearts are an idea I found on Dana's website.  I let Jamon & Josie color their hearts and Jamon wrote his name on the back of his.  It's a great idea for treat exchanges.  Emily Roper has been hosting a kid's Valentine's party for a few years in a row now-the kids always have fun making & eating yummy treats. 
Valentine's Day is a great time to make fun treats!







Jolie played with her friend Ezra Bernatz while Jamon & Josie decorated their treat bags. 

Also, this was the first year that Jeremiah and I made homemade Valentine's to the kids.  He made two hearts for each of the girls and I made one for Jamon.  This is a great tradition that we both want to continue for the years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment