The Heacock Flock


Saturday, June 9, 2012

Tea time!

We have a Hello Kitty book where Hello Kitty and her Grandma have a tea party.  Josie and Jolie love it.  Because of Josie's love for this book and all things fancy, for her 4th birthday she wanted a tea party.  I loved it.  It was the kind of thing I daydreamed about when I first learned I was having  a little girl!  I loved that Josie was so excited about the tea party.  But, who am I kidding.  That girl is excited about everything! 

I scoured Goodwill, St. Vinnie's, and Value Village for mix-matched tea cups and saucers.  I borrowed Angie's nice tea server set and my mom's fine china for the mom's to use.  All the little girls were asked to bring a special friend with them to the tea party.  There were a number of special dolls and teddy bears who joined us for tea.  Each girl had her own place setting and I made pink cloth napkins from some free fabric I was given years ago.  I should add that Josie insisted on a pink and blue tea party.  She has loved pink and blue since she was two years old!  It's funny how some things stick with them. 

I think I had just as much fun planning and hosting the tea party as Josie.  When the girls first arrived with their moms we had each one decorate a hat with some fake flowers.  That was a huge hit!  The girls loved it.  We then moved into the dining room for our tea. We tried to do the savory and then the sweet.  My sister-in-law Anna helped me prep the food, which was delicious!  I'll do another post on Josie being four years old, but today I just wanted to record what we did for her big day.  











No comments:

Post a Comment