The Heacock Flock


Thursday, June 30, 2011

I'm free now!

June 8th was Josie's birthday.  I walked into her bedroom and kissed her good morning.  I played with her hair and I whispered: "Josie today's your birthday!  Happy birthday sweet girl."  She happily replied:
"I'm free now!"

I didn't have the heart to correct her.  The tradition in our house is to have a birthday breakfast and your choice for dinner.  She chose chocolate chip pampakes.  With syrup on top.  She always wears a headband on her head when she eats pancakes to keep the syrup out of her hair.  It's hilarious!

She had a wonderful day and it was beautiful outside, just like the day she was born.  I still remember washing dishes at our old house on Thurston Rd.  We just ate chicken enchiladas and I was standing at the sink when my water broke.  She was only 4 days overdue!  We were planning on going for a family walk with Jamon but instead we called grandma & papa and Jamon went and had a sleepover, while we went to the hospital.  Flash forward 3 years....I'm standing in the kitchen washing dishes and soaking up the moment of watching this little wild hair girl eat her chocolate chip pampakes.  I love this moment.  I love this time with her.

Anyway, to celebrate we had a Strawberry Shortcake birthday. However, the only thing Josie knows about Strawberry Shortcake is off of one coloring book that coupled with her love of strawberries and there you go!  I made her a light pink tutu, embellished with applqiue a strawberry t-shirt and the birthday girl was ready.  Aunt Jennifer made an awesome pinata for her and her friends.  I was stuck on a cake idea until my friend Hollan reminded me of cake pops!  Cake pops are all over the blog world.  I made some strawberry shaped cake pops and we enjoyed real strawberry shortcake, strawberry lemonade, chocolate dipped strawberries and cake pops!  We said thank you to our friends and sent them home with a bag full of candy and their own strawberry plant to enjoy!  It was a great way to celebrate Josie turning three or "free" as she would say. 

We are blessed beyond belief with amazing family and friends.  I am thankful my kids have such loving & involved grandparents and great-grandparents and friends that have invested so much time into the lives of our kids.  It's a neat thing.

This is Jolie not Josie...just a cute picture of little sister at the party. 

Aunt Jennifer's strawberry pinata...isn't she talented!

Cake Pops!

I could chocolate dipped strawberries every day. 






The birthday girl gets the first swing!

And it didn't take very long to break it open. 



Josie and Grandma Angie...just a year ago Josie called her "G". 

Chasing the goats. 



No comments:

Post a Comment